Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Mykonos, Greece

The first island our cruise ship stopped at was Mykonos. It is one of the more popular of the Greek islands and is said to have a very lively night scene but we were bound to the ship schedule and were back on board at sunset. 


We had to stop and let Jack throw rocks in the water


Our budding celebrity. For as many pictures as I took of Jack, random
people took double! Everywhere we went people asked to take his
photo. He is such a ham and he would give them much better smiles than I get.
Typical looking Greek building

Jack searching out the cats of Mykonos

Cold, windy and deserted



In the shopping district

It seemed to me like Greece has more stores for tourists
than any other place I have ever been. Thankfully I'm not the
type to buy little trinkets, but I can only imagine the amount of
stuff you could end up buying if you are the shopping type.

The famous windmills of Mykonos which were built in the 16th century

Sunset over the island

Ready to get back on the ship

No comments:

Post a Comment