Sunday, September 25, 2011

The waiting game

I was hoping that Lily would arrive early, but it looks like that isn't going to happen. Jack was a week late so I guess it shouldn't be a surprise that she would be late also. Although, being 40+ weeks pregnant is a very uncomfortable state to be in, so with each passing minute I'm hoping my body starts the process of kicking her out. 

40 weeks

It's amazing that my belly can stretch this much!

Jack is ready for Lily to come out and play!

I am trying to go on with life like normal and stay as busy as possible to pass the time. Today we planned a trip to a pumpkin farm that I thought would be an all day event. It turned out to be kind of a bust, but we did enjoy some pumpkin soup and an hour or so of walking around the labyrinth. 
Pumpkin labyrinth




This is how I feel trying to squeeze into my clothes

After we were thoroughly bored, we headed to Bern and took Jack to the free part of the Bern zoo and then down to the river to play in the mud
Then we headed out to get dinner at the "spiciest" restaurant we have found in Switzerland. It is a take-away Indian food/pizza place that is no where near as good as the indian food we got back in the U.S. and about 5 times the cost. But I have been told that eating spicy food can bring on labor so we gave it a try to see if anything happens.


This weekend was the wine festival in Neuchatel. We went Friday night with some friends but seeing that I can't drink and Luke can't really either (he is my designated driver and labor coach) we couldn't spend more than a couple hours before getting annoyed with the crowds and the drunk people.
Jack and his friend Mabel on the way to the party

Having fun on some carnival rides

More rides

Throwing confetti was the highlight
of the night for Jack
Here's to hoping that my next post will be about the new baby!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment