Monday, April 5, 2010

But it seemed like a good idea at the time...

One of the most frustrating things about having to go through all our stuff is realizing how much money we spent on useless junk. Case in point: Today, I was going through our chest and beneath the years of dust and grime I found these:

What are they? Good question... I had to look at them for a while to figure it out myself. They are Nada Chairs...aka...a serious waste of money. I remember buying them with Luke many years ago. We were at some convention and someone was showing how amazing they were and how this chair would solve all our problems. So we bought TWO. Not sure if we even used them. I'm guessing we went home, stuck them in our chest and completely forgot about them. Until now.

So they go on Craigslist, along with hundreds of other items that seemed like a good idea when we bought them, but when it really comes down to it, we don't need it. If this whole process has taught me anything it is that NEVER again will I be such a consumer. I am done buying little nicknacks and if I can avoid it, I will never buy new again. You can find some amazing deals when you purchase second hand.

On a side note, taking pictures for all our Craigslist items is nearly impossible with a toddler. Jack wants to get right in the middle of the photo...

1 comment:

  1. Yep, we have done our fair share of buying stupid things that we end up never using! I'm hoping we've learned our lesson... but it seems there are still times our brains turn off and we make some other lame purchase! :) Anyway, you are not alone!!

    ReplyDelete