Sunday, May 6, 2012

Croûte au fromage at the Creux du Van

A while ago I was asking around for some good restaurants in our local vicinity. Someone suggested that we go to the Creux du Van and eat at one of the local farms. I spent a few days looking at the different farms and that is when I noticed that one of them had a specialty of "Croûte au fromage." This is basically bread soaked in wine, then topped with cheese and broiled. I was sold! I had to try it. We visited the Cruex du Van right after Lily was born, but the farms were all closed for the winter. So we tried it again this past weekend and it was a success!

We chose the Ferme Robert for our lunch
The Ferme Robert sits right at the bottom of the Creux du Van. It is the perfect starting place for several amazing hikes in the area. From here you can even hike all the way to the top of the Creux du Van.
The Creux du Van in the background
We were able to meet up with some friends at the farm and enjoy lunch together


Luke having an aperitif with our friends

The Croûte au fromage. It was so unbelievably tasty that I made myself eat the whole thing...even though I was full halfway into it. (I ordered the Croûte Royal, which it the same as the Croûte au Fromage but topped with a fried egg).

 The area around here is just gorgeous. Makes for some great pictures!


No comments:

Post a Comment