Sunday, May 13, 2012

Favorite Things: Château de Chillon

I can't think of a better way to celebrate Mother's Day than at my favorite castle with my favorite people! And that is exactly what we did today. 
Chateau du Chillon on the bank of Lake Geneva is my favorite castle ever, and for Mother's Day we went to a special "Fete des Meres" inside the old banquet hall of the castle.
Entrance to the castle

Signs leading the way to the brunch

Special Mother's Day brunch inside these doors
Inside the banquet hall of the castle
 Delicious cheeses, jams, nuts and meats on each table
Buffet table
 
Me and my loves
 A special treat the they handed out to the kids
 Looking out the castle windows
After lunch a group of ladies came by to take the kids off to make some "bricolage" (aka: hand made gifts)

 Meanwhile, the adults were led on a guided tour by the "sorceress"



 After the tour we still had time to hang out and get some one on one time with Lily




Here we are reunited with Jack and the present (in blue) that he was supposed to make for me...  but according to him... he made it for himself

Jack's necklace that he made while we went on our tour...that was supposed to be my necklace ;-)
Outside the castle on Lake Geneva
 I think this is the most beautiful place in Switzerland


 Chateau du Chillon. My favorite castle.

No comments:

Post a Comment